Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Celebration and a Contest, too!

What's going on?

The Three Silly Chicks are fluffin' up our feathers, cleaning off our glasses, breaking out the tortilla chips, and getting ready to celebrate!

"Why?" you ask. "Because," we answer, "our anniversary is almost here!"

We began our blog on September 14, 2006 and
what a year!

We've read so many great & funny books and interviewed some of our favorite funny writers and illustrators:
Lisa Wheeler, Lisa Yee, Aaron Reynolds, Cyn & Greg Leitich Smith, Kevin O'Malley, Esme Codell, David Lubar, Kara & Jenna LaReau, John Manders, Dori Chaconas, Margie Palatini, Kelly DiPucchio!

Interviewing fantastic, funny people is our favorite thing (next to bean dip), so we can't wait to interview more fantastic, funny people!

But first, we feel like having a party and nothing puts us in the party mood faster than bean dip! Sadly, nothing ends a party in a small coop faster than bean dip.

So we're going to have a contest, instead! And here it is:



Mystery Guest

Are you ready for our Mystery Guest?


1. Contest begins NOW!
2. Guess the secret identity of our Mystery Guest! (Click on "comments" down below to leave your guess.)
3. All correct guesses will be entered in a drawing for the grand prize*
4. Grand prize winner will be announced on September 14!
5. First five entries will win a Chick Magnet**
6. First Clue: Our Mystery Guest is bigger than a bread box

* Grand Prize is one of the following:

  • A vat of bean dip
  • An emu
  • An emu in a vat of bean dip
  • A super-duper-bag-o'-goodness from the Three Silly Chicks. Bag includes autographed copies of books by Andrea Beaty, Carolyn Crimi, and Julia Durango. Also includes assorted items from our drawer of silliness (not to be confused with our silly drawers as shown here.)
** Chick magnets are not guaranteed to attract chicks, hot babes, hot Emus or hot tamales. May present a choking hazard to Emu, ostriches, and other humorously large birds. Chick magnets are guaranteed to look extremely cute and hold scraps of paper on your refrigerator door so you can ignore them while searching for bean dip.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please let it be Kenny Chesney!

Chris

tristramshandy AT gmail DOT com

Lisa Yee said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

(The answer is Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy.)

Three Silly Chicks said...

It is true that Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy is bigger than a bread box, but more importantly, he is HOTTER than a breadbox! Oh yes he is.

Sadly, though, Kenny Chesney (While sufficiently hot) is NOT bigger than a breadbox. He just looks like that because of his large hat.

Great guesses. Please feel free to guess as many times as you want!

Linda Skeers said...

I think it's Lisa Yee and Peepy. She's (barely) bigger than a breadbox and lots funnier than Mr. Darcy.

JoAnn said...

Daniel Pinkwater's name popped into my head when I read this. He's funny, right? Call it a hunch. Or an inkling. Or maybe just something I ate.

Happy anniversary!

Cynthia Leitich Smith said...

I think it's Arthur Levine chick or Officer Buckle chick, assuming there's a difference. :)

Peggy T. said...

I am a good guesser. Pick me! Pick me! Okay fine. I will get in line. Is it my turn yet?
I do not like being first in last place. Also, I am not so good at waiting. My guess is going to spill all over your bean dip. And I am not a good cleaner-upper. Okay fine. I get it. There is no line. Is it, is it . . . Sara Pennypacker? Here are some chips and I am very sorry for the mess.
Ms. Peggy

Dori said...

No, no, no, Ms Peggy! You cannot guess Sara Pennypacker! That's my guess! I had it first even if I didn't say it out loud here first! I was busy doing other stuff. You have to pick Barbara Park! I know that was your first guess anyway. Okay fine. You can guess Sara Pennypacker. I need to think about this some more.

Dori said...

Okay, I've got it. It's David Lubar. No, wait a minute. He's not a chick. He's a rooster. Does that count? Am I disquantified?

I need to think about this some more.

Ms. Peggy said...

Dori! That is not nice to copy me. I am making a huffy breath at you. I thought Barbara Park first, and said Sara first. And now I am guessing John Scieszka!!!So now I am the big winner! It is okay. Do not feel bad. Look, here is a pretty stick you can play with. Just don't poke anyone. Okay fine. Here are my chips.

Three Silly Chicks said...

Can we have some chips, too?

Ladies,

Don't worry about having the same guesses and being cheating copycats (And we use that term in only in the kindest possible sense.) Everyone who guesses correctly will be entered into our drawing for the grand prize!

(Unless they poke others with sticks. Just sayin')


And now, it's time for another clue!

Terry said...

I don't know how much hair she has, but Helen Lester has written stories about both the hairy and the feathered.

I prefer salsa, no beans, so if I win, can I have the emu?

Terry