Tuesday, May 18, 2010

In the Coop with Dr. Cuthbert Soup

In the Coop with Dr. Cuthbert Soup

One of our very favorite books this year is A Whole Nother Story by Dr. Cuthbert Soup. It's the hilarious story of inventor Ethan Cheeseman and his three "smart, polite, and relatively odor-free" children. The family is on the run from thugs from various government agencies as well as some other nefarious mean guys and gals. These baddies are after a time travel invention the family hopes will help them bring back Mrs. Cheeseman who quite inconveniently kicked the bucket. Okay, so that's the plot, but it's completely unimportant. What is important is how fantastically funny this novel is. So read it already!!!

We'd like to welcome Dr. Cuthbert Soup to the Coop. And yes, we love how that rhymes!

http://www.awholenotherbook.com/


Any bio info you'd like to share?

I have a Ph.D. in unsolicited advice from Southwestern North Dakota State University and I am the founder, president and vice-president of the National Center for Unsolicited Advice.


I live with my dog, Kevin, and my two pet snails, Gooey and Squishy, who just finished first and second in this year’s Iron Snail competition.


First act as Dictator for Life?

Serious jail time for supermarket express lane violators.


What kids lit character would you like to vote off the island?

Wait a minute here. Is this a set up? If I vote for the “wrong” one, will wingnuts call me a communist and throw bricks through my windows?


Kids lit character with whom you would you share your last twinkie?

As long as Augustus Gloop is around I don’t believe I’d have much choice in the matter and I don’t think it would be considered sharing.


What TV family would you like to be adopted by?

I’m way ahead of you. I’ve already been adopted by the Partridge Family, who needed a trombone player for their upcoming reunion tour. Little do they know the only song I can play is “Ta daaaa!”


Worst job in the universe?

I have had some of worst jobs in the universe, including working as a smoke detector at the mall. And I still suffer from severe knuckle damage from my two-year stint selling hearing aids door to door.


Dream job for a day?

Product tester at an inflatable bouncy castle factory.


Marx Brothers or Three Stooges?

Three Stooges and only because in Spanish they are Tres Estupidos, which I think you will find, is muy fun to say.


Clown V. Mime Deathmatch. Pick your winner.

If you’d ever been kicked in the groin by one of those giant clown shoes you wouldn’t have to ask.


Funniest dead person you'd like to meet?

I generally find dead people to be rather dull and unfunny, though to their credit, most are excellent listeners. That said, I would love to meet the late great Mel Blanc.


Best use for a book shaped object? (You know, one of those things sold as books but which should never ever have been published.)


Anyone with a three-legged couch knows the answer to this question. Also, when hurled from second story windows, they act as an excellent deterrent to solicitors.


Links to online interviews or other bio info...


Author’s Revealed interview with Becky Anderson can be found at - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1132198045158



3 comments:

Jan Markley said...

That doc has a great funny bone! Sounds like an awesomely funny book!

Anonymous said...

I like your blog !!
do not miss my goods , they are very beautiful !!

acrylic jewelry

Akoya pearl beads

Amanda said...

Ha! Loved the interview questions and answers -- looks like a good one...