Friday, January 04, 2008

WHICH CHICK? A New Year's Contest


Happy New Year, dear Readers & Friends
of all that is Silly!

After spending the first few days of 2008 downing the eggnog before it expires, we are hereby getting off our tail feathers to ring in the New Year with a very silly contest!

Here's how it goes. We will list a half dozen amazing and undisputed silly chick facts below. Your challenge is to guess WHICH CHICK the fact pertains to. Is it Andrea? Could it be Carolyn? Or might it be Julia?

Leave your answers in the Comments section below, then check back on Sunday, January 13th, to see if you're a winner! Prizes include autographed books by the Chicks, chick magnets, rubber chickens, and other random poultry goodness.

Ready...set...blast off!

1.
Which chick called the tennis player Bobby Riggs "Uncle Bobby" because he was, in fact, her uncle by marriage for the first twelve years of her life?

2.
Which chick actually had a pet chicken named Chico when she was a kid?

3. Which chick was always on stage in her youth and who, despite being a girl, played such challenging roles as Snoopy in YOU'RE A GOOD MAN CHARLIE BROWN, Templeton the rat in CHARLOTTE'S WEB and Jesus in GODSPELL?

4. Which chick once ate a shark for Thanksgiving and now has nightmares that a shark will one day eat her on a major U.S. holiday?

5. Which chick does a mean Popeye impersonation? (Note: The impersonation is mean. Not Popeye!)

6. Which chick thinks Jack Black was robbed (again!) of the Sexiest Man Alive title from People Magazine in 2007?

8 comments:

Three Silly Chicks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo Knowles said...

Oh, I hope I get at least one right. These are trick questions. I just know it.

1. Carolyn
2. Julia
3. Andrea
4. Carlyn
5. Andrea
6. Julia

Happy New Year, Chickies!

xo

Anonymous said...

These are tough. I wouldn't put it past any of you to do any of these things, you silly chicks!
Here are my best guesses:
1.Andrea
2. Andrea
3. Julia
4. Julia
5. Carolyn
6. Carolyn
Fun contest!
For some reason, I can't sign into blogger, so I'm anonymous. But it's me, Brenda Ferber

Sara said...

Here goes nuthin':

1. Andrea
2. Andrea
3. Carolyn
4. Julia
5. Carolyn
6. Julia

I can see it now when I win this contest: a spot on Ellen, interviews on Fox News, the works!

Wild About Words said...

You chicks are so much fun. Love reading your blog. And hey, I'd do anything for the possibility of winning a rubber chicken.

1. Andrea
2. Carolyn
3. Andrea
4. Julia
5. Carolyn
6. Julia

May 2008 be filled with lots of laughter!

Donna

Carol Grannick said...

Okay,chicks. Ever since I had to take the SATs (a long time ago, even in chick-years), I've wanted to do this: check off all the same answers and hope for the best. So here goes:
1. Carolyn
2. Carolyn
3. Carolyn
4. Carolyn
5. Carolyn
6. Carolyn
Aah, what a relief....

CresceNet said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Three Silly Chicks said...

Carol,
You are clever! And since statistically, the correct answer is most likely 'C' on any standardized test, you will probably get ALL of them right!

Clever, clever Chick!
:)