Welcome to Three Silly Chicks, a seriously silly celebration of funny books for kids!
We review funny new picture books and mid-grade novels and interview some of the funniest writers in kids' books today!
We review new books that you might not know about.
We don't review super-smash hits like Captain Underpants or Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus. You already know how funny those books are. (Though we might review a book called Please Let the Pigeon Wear Underwear.)
"But wait," you say, "Who are these Three Silly Chicks?"
What a silly question! We like you already!
We are Andrea Beaty, Carolyn Crimi, and Julia Durango. We are all children's authors who LOVE funny books. But not funny smells. Or funions (which smell funny.)
- Love silly books.
- Love silly string.
- Love silly hats.
- Love our jobs! As children's authors, we get to spend our days writing books that make kids laugh. What could be better than that, you ask? Reading funny books and talking about them with friends, too! That's why we started this blog!
- NOT review young adult books. Sorry. We love them, but we don't review them. Rule of thumb: If a book is written for anybody who might shave, we won't review it.
- NOT review books we don't love. Life is too short for that!
- NOT accept review copies of books.
- NOT know how to hula dance. Though we could learn.
We hope you will:
- Visit us often!
- Link to our blog!
- Tell us about your favorite funny books for kids!
- Tell your friends about us!
- Tell your friends when they have something hanging out of their noses.
- Tell your friends to go home already. Don't they have lives?
More to come ...
The Three Silly Chicks