Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Mark Twain!


Omigosh! We just realized that Mark Twain bears an uncanny resemblance to Jed Clampett!
All he needs is an old hat and a rope belt. Who knew?

Here are some of our favorite quotes from the Ever Quotable Mark Twain:

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.


Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.


Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.


I have been through some terrible things in life, some of which actually happened.


I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then He made school boards.

The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
Familiarity breeds contempt--and children.

1 comment:

KF said...

"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then He made school boards."

Oh, this is priceless! Can you tell me where you found this Mark Twain quote??

I am serious!! Please humor me :)