Monday, October 19, 2009

In the Coop with Tammi Sauer

Three Reasons We Love Tammi Sauer:

1. Feast your eyes on this author photo, peeps!

2. She wrote a rockin' bawkin' book called Chicken Dance, awesomely illustrated by Dan Santat!

3. She and Dan offer dance lessons on their website! Really! Now you can dance the Librarian and the Bellyache like a pro!

The Interview:

First act as Dictator for Life?
Claim Tim Gunn for my very own.

What kids lit character would you like to vote off the island?
Walter the Farting Dog...no explanation necessary.

What kids lit character would you share your last twinkie with?
Ramona Quimby…that girl made me a reader.

What TV family would you like to be adopted by?

I’ve always wanted to go to Eastland with Trudy, Blaire, Natalie, and Jo. Perhaps Mrs. Garrett could adopt me. Bonuses: Blaire could teach me how to do my hair, and Jo could show me how to ride a motorcycle.


Worst job in the universe?
Dead pig pusher. A writer friend of mine once held this title. Rumor has it the position involved a conveyor belt and a meat-packing plant.

Dream job for a day?
A ritzy spa tester-outer.

Marx Brothers or Three Stooges?

The Marx Brothers get my vote based on this quote alone: “Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside a dog, it’s too dark to read.”—Groucho Marx


Clown V. Mime Deathmatch. Pick your winner.
I gotta go with mime. Clowns have always freaked me out.

Funniest dead person you’d like to meet?
In my experience, all dead people are un-funny. They just kinda lie there.

Best use for a book shaped object? (You know, one of those things sold as books but which should never ever have been published.)

Impromptu rain gear or snow shoes, depending on the season.


More info about Tammi:

Tammi's website

Interview with Tara Lazar at Writing for Kids (while Raising Them)

Interview with S. R. Johannes at Market My Words

Interview with Sterling Children’s Books

7 comments:

Lisa Yee said...

Tammi's terrific. Plus, I like her taste in clothing. It's heavenly.

Lisa Yee said...

Tammi's terrific. Plus, I like her taste in clothing. It's heavenly.

Lisa Yee said...

Rats. I double commented by accident.

Three Silly Chicks said...

Ah but Tammi is so nice. It's cool to post twice!

tammi sauer said...

Yes, Lisa. Feel free to keep posting about all that is terrific and heavenly.

Gwendolyn said...

So you don't like clowns. Things like that are good to know.

tammi sauer said...

Um, Gwen. You wouldn't use that information against me, would you?