Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Contest Alert! Contest Alert!


Calling all Halloweenies! Would you like to win three new Chick Halloween books? It's easy peasy peeps! All you have to do is tell us who your favorite villain is and then we'll pick a name out of our big witch's hat!

As for us, well, we're partial to Cruella DeVille. Seriously, the woman has enough style to make Anna Wintour jealous. And that hair! Do you suppose she uses Clairol to get that look?

We'll choose a Hallowinner at random by next Monday. The lucky person will receive Andrea's Hush, Baby Ghostling and Carolyn's Where's My Mummy? and Boris and Bella.

What fiendish fun! Good luck!

11 comments:

Boni Ashburn said...

I think the Wicked Witch Of The West is my all-time fave- that cackle!

kelly dipucchio said...

Hands down, Fancy Nancy.

JK!

Boni, I'll get you my little pretty for picking the Wicked Witch of the West first!

I'm going to say Miss Trunchbull from Matilda.

Andrea said...

I'm having a hard time picking my favorite, but I think I'll go with the Big Bad Wolf. He gets an A for effort.

Another of my favorites, though, has to be Jim Carrey's version of Count Olaf in A Series of Unfortunate Events. Perfectly cuckoo.

Deeedra said...

I'm going with the grinch... A classic favorite of mine from childhood.

Cynthia said...

For me it's Voldemort from the Harry Potter series. What a creep!

Heather said...

I would have to say the Grinch. He has always been my favorite.

Infant Bibliophile said...

I don't know why I found it so hard to come up with a villain. I guess my son isn't up to villainous books yet, and my memory isn't very good. Just for variety, how about Gargamel of Smurfs fame. We wasn't very effective at his job, but he was funny (to a child anyway).

Kathy Temean said...

There are so many villians, which one to choose? I guess I will go with the Wicked Queen in Snow White.

Good fun, I think I will share on my blog http://kathytemean.wordpress.com

Kathy Temean

Mrs. Duff said...

My kid's responses:
age 12- The Mouth of Sauron
Lord of the Rings
age 9- Voldemort
Harry Potter series

Did I raise fantasy kids or what?

kduff@oelwein.k12.ia

Jenny said...

I would have to say Ursula from the Little Mermaid.

Three Silly Chicks said...

We're loving these ideas! Keep them coming!